Do Home Security Systems Work In Erie?
If you’re similar to a lot of residents, you need your house to be secure at all times. but, do home security systems work in Erie?
The quick answer: affirmative. But you should have the right components and services to get the most from your home security. Not only will the alarms and sensors provide excellent security, the modern devices has a level of convenience and control you may not have thought about previously. By adding home automation, video surveillance, and access through a mobile app, you should make your life [[easier|simpler] and safer while also saving money on energy bills.
Let's pause a moment to learn why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is the best recommendation for your home.
Essential Home Security Components
In order to ensure your Erie home security system works to the best of its ability, you need these essential home security features:
- Entryway sensors: You might find this unusual, but most intruders enter your home right through your front door. The other most frequent targets are patio or back doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these practices, door and window sensors are deemed the base of your home security system. When the security system is live and your door or window sensors are tripped, the jarring, high-decibel alarm siren will ring and your 24/7 monitoring experts will be pinged.
- Touchscreen central hub: Get rid of those unresponsive code pads, as easy-to-use touch screens now run your security devices. These touch screens can also direct your automation, home security cameras, and monitoring.
- phone app: The biggest security system let you direct every aspect of your security system through a mobile app. Now if device triggers, you can get a pop-up alert to your smartphone. Also, disarm and arm your alarms remotely, schedule your smart door locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- ADT yard signs and window decals: While there isn’t technology in a small, blue yard sign or a window decal, they can warn a potential intruder that your home is protected.
Will A Home Security System Actually Protect Your Property In Erie?
While it may seem like an overreaction to get sensors installed and set-up a smartphone app when you already have deadbolts and chose a safe neighborhood, studies support the notion that home security systems will help guard your home. For example, a paper out of Rutger University sees that most thieves will actively steer clear of properties with a security system installed. Instead they’ll look to hit a better house that looks poorly protected.
That backs up with statistics from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their stats state that most burglarized houses do not use a home security system. With numbers, unguarded homes are 300% more likely to be vandalized than houses that have an alarm system. And while just displaying that your property has a system helps discourage forceful entry, other components -- like smart locks and doorbell cameras -- can also make your home uninviting to intruders.
Of course, modern security systems can do much more than buzz an siren. Now you can add in some advanced services that make a security system safe and secure.
24/7 Monitoring Is The Best Backup Plan
Does a home security system work in Erie when they don’t have round-the-clock monitoring? Using a backup plan is always the best ideas and round-the-clock monitoring from trained agents can make certain the authorities get there faster after a tripped sensor.
Monitoring experts can secure your home all day long -- whether you are home or not. If you’re out and can’t hear your system going off, your agent will notify you and the authorities after a tripped alarm event. Even when you’re in the house, you will be busy making sure family members and animal are safe and accounted for.
Use The Same Monitored Services For Fire, Flood, CO, and Medical Emergencies
When you order your security system, you can get more than security alarms. components like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be connected to your complete home defense. If an environmental emergency is found, your components will respond just like your security alarms. Specifically, the loud siren rings, your 24-hour monitoring agents are notified, and an alert will show up on your mobile device.
You can even use a panic button, which can be easily connected to you or a loved one through a pendant, bracelet, or clip. If you have a fall incident or a medical risk, they can simply hit a two-finger button to call emergency services.
Add Security, Convenience And Energy Savings With Home Automation
The best automation alarms and cameras bring you a level of management and convenience you’ve never had before. They will make your home more energy-savvy and responsive. And when you pair home automation to your home security, they can also make your house more secure. For example:
- Schedule your smart bulbs to make it feel that your home is occupied when you’re gone.
- Have your indoor smart lights illuminate when a security camera detects unusual motion.
- Use your phone’s location services to bolt your smart locks, flip off your living room lights, and lower the thermostat when you go to work.
- Program personalized scenes where you can pre-program your lights, thermostat, alarms, and other devices with a single tap of a button.
- Or simply see the status of all your alarms and cameras and manage your devices with your phone.
Add that to the energy you’ll save through smart devices, and you’ll see how much you need a smart security system in Erie. You will also be able to control your system with vocal commands when you link your home security system to your Echo or Google Home.
Keep A View On Your Property With Wireless Security Cameras
Yard signs and smart lights are great burglary obstructions, but smart cameras may take your protection to another level. The last thing a thief wants is to be caught on a video feed as the 30-second clip might be used against them in a criminal investigation. You can install outdoor, indoor, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds 24/7.
Do you need to investigate the noise you heard in the yard? Would you like to greet the kids when they get home from school? Has the package you’ve been waiting for been delivered yet? All you have to do is to open the live feed from your home security app. You might also allow texts on your phone whenever a guest comes on your porch or the camera sees unusual motion. You can then talk with visitors with the 2-way talk feature on your cameras.
How To Custom-Build A Home Security In Erie?
Are you looking for help to create a security system that works in Erie? Our security professionals will assist in building the most useful alarms, home automation, and security cameras that can be bundled into one comprehensive plan. Contact us directly at (814) 212-8989 or send in the form below.