Modern residential security installations have become more capable every year. With that being said, it doesn't take much to fail to do easy security chores like activating your a security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to remember doing these chores in the future? With geofencing in Erie, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Erie For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border along the sides of your residence, which you can customize within your smartphone app. The technology then utilizes your cell phone to see when you go beyond the border and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart devices utilize to share information with each other. This innovative approach aids your security system by centralizing all components onto the same network. You are then able to draw a virtual “fence” around your property and designate particular actions as you move beyond the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, shortly after you leave your driveway, you could program your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Then, when you come back home, geofencing will inform your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
These are some of the technologies you can command with geofencing:
● Surveillance and alarms
● Various electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home’s security system in Erie. When you download the ADT Control app, you can reap the benefits of smart home automation. Just tap the app interface, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart devices to engage at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to lower to indicate that it's time for bed, or disengage your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make certain components come alive based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to turn on the fan when the fire alarm goes off. Or turn on your hallway lighting when your surveillance system senses abnormal activity outside.
● Customize scenes: Create custom room scenes with components that function in unison. Make your smart bulbs switch off, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks engage at the end of the day. Or program the system for a movie marathon with preset light and temperature levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to enable the security system if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you'll never forget to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Erie
Whether you seek additional reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (814) 212-8989 or complete the form below to start designing your optimal security system.