Home security cameras can solely be used as a warning—a sign that notifies criminals or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Luckily, modern security cameras arrive armed with a number of tools all designed to deliver comprehensive protection for your family. Whether it’s recording options and two-way talk or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these features enable you to utilize the most from home security cameras in Erie.
How To Set Up Your Erie Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to improving your video surveillance is installing them in the best spots within your living space. Interior security cameras should be placed in high traffic spots such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a good idea to have a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas intruders would have to enter through to reach the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras work best to offer you a clear sightline of your porch, drive, front and yards, garage, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your main entryway with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas inside your house that are less imperative to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Privacy for you and your family should be a primary consideration prior to placing a security device in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you desire a measure of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Security Cameras
Component layout is only the first step in getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Erie. The features described below help to maximize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant messages on your mobile device the instant abnormal motion is sensed. You can also program cameras to begin recording when movements are detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Program your video surveillance to capture footage and back up clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of today’s security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to chat with guests via the device. With ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is a term for how much a security camera can see, and gives you a more exhaustive view of any space. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120-degree coverage or that have the ability to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that can produce video of pitch black activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the opportunity to protect specific locations within your house.. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to notify you of movement happening on your yard or your patio and ignore cars passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera feeds, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send instant texts when the detect something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Erie is easier. From rapid motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system can go from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (814) 212-8989 or submit the form below to begin customizing your security system today.