How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Erie
You understand you must protect your home. Beyond everything else, it’s the spot where your loved ones live and is where you store your belongings. But what kind of home defense is right for you? Whether or not to utilize round-the-clock monitoring is one of the chief considerations you need to make. Learn more about the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Erie and see what’s ideal for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection links to a third-party monitoring service that is prepared to offer assistance at a moment’s notice. When an entrypoint sensor trips or a fire alarm starts to sound, your monitoring professionals get an alert instantly. They will work quickly to confirm the alarm and contact the appropriate emergency professionals.
On the contrary, an unmonitored security system doesn’t include professional support. You could think of this to be self-monitoring, which means that if your alarm goes off, you must respond to get it resolved. This possibility is the more affordable route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Erie
Here’s a brief breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a backup on your side is always smart. If you are on vacation, sleeping, or without access to your phone, your residence and its occupants will still be protected.
- Faster response: Monitoring professionals are always prepared. They’ll respond quicker to incidents than you can alone.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems could entitle you to a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Top-of-the-line tools and seamless integration: When you receive tools, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security provider, you will gain access to a fully integrated system with components that may be superior to what you will come across independently.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Typically required to get your system installed professionally: Countless individuals would prefer to have the install done by qualified professionals, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Must sign a contract: You will typically need to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This will be acceptable for numerous residents as home security is a benefit you will want long term.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Erie
Here’s a short overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring charge.
- Install on your own: Do-it-yourselfers might think of this as a pro as they can install the system themselves and avoid an installation expense. Other residents might prefer going with a skilled technician.
- More Flexibility: You may incorporate components whenever you want - and from different manufacturers. With that being said, you may find integrating into a fully connected system a challenge.
- You have complete control: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your alarms. If something happens, it’s up to you to get support.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you don’t have your cell phone and don’t receive a security warning? This situation equates to additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: Since you are the sole person in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- No assistance setting up the system: If you require help during an installation, you may have to hire someone else. The installation process is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Erie
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Erie from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re certain you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home security system is the ideal solution for you. Call (814) 212-8989 today to get started.